For anodizing, composite bonding and splicing use 3M™ Polyester Tape 8402. This translucent green tinted tape is coated with a silicone adhesive that bonds well on difficult surfaces, including silicone coated papers and films. It is chemical resistant and performs under a wide range of temperatures and environments.
- Splicing of silicone liners, films and papers
- Holding parts or vacuum bags during composite bonding operations
- Masking metal surfaces in acid or caustic chemical milling baths
- Flash breaker in metal bonding processes where the excess epoxy (flash) flows on the tape
- Protective tape reduces scratches during handling and shipping
- Paint mask for areas subject to higher temperature bake cycles
With thin caliper, high tensile strength polyester backing and the excellent shear strength of silicone adhesive, 3M™ Polyester Tape 8402 works well for butt splicing silicone-treated papers