This liquid compound and finishing material is designed to remove a P600 or P800 dual action sand scratch from gelcoat, with a wool pad. Designed to be used with an air or electric buffer (1500-2500 rpm) equipped with a 3M™ Compounding Buff Pads.
3M™ Marine Compound and Finishing Mterial, 06044
Does Double Duty for Marine Detailing
3M™ Marine Compound and Finishing Material restores the lustrous beauty of boats by eliminating oxidation, scratches, scuff marks and other surface blemishes. Our unique formulation combines a compound with finishing polishes, which does a double duty task of removing imperfections and polishing in one application. The simplicity and time savings of our "two-in-one" product with compound and polish makes it a favorite among boat detailing professionals.
Our compound and finishing material is highly rated for scratch removal. Use this product to remove P600-P800 dual action or P1000-P1200 sand scratches with a wool compounding pad. You may also use an air or electric buffer (1500-2500 Max. RPM) equipped with Compound Buff Pads
(sold separately). It has a fast cut and delivers a swirl-free finish.
Directions for Use
Before using this product, please reference Product Label and/or Safety Data Sheet for Health and Safety Information:
Learn more about marine gelcoat finishing with 3M products
- Shake container before using.
- Apply sufficient material to surface to work a 2 foot by 2 foot area. To minimize slinging, spread the compound over the surface with the compounding pad before starting the machine.
- Start machine using light to medium pressure.
- Reduce pressure as compound starts to dry, allowing material to polish surface.
- Repeat, only if necessary, to remove any remaining sanding marks or swirls.
- The combined benefits of a compound and polish in one product mean you spend more time relaxing on your boat out on the water and less time detailing it. Enjoyment is what having a boat is all about!
(PDF, 2.3 Mb)